Rallies and runs

2024 ABC Mileage Challenge

More
3 months 4 days ago - 3 months 4 days ago #1700 by Batten
Replied by Batten on topic 2024 ABC Mileage Challenge
Hi ABCers

Let me just report back that despite unfriendly weather in January, 127 miles were acheived on ABCs (none of which were on a trailer, Keith). If anybody would like to add to this tally, then please let me know.

Below is a picture of a tree and another of the Isle of White for your enjoyment. 

Last edit: 3 months 4 days ago by Batten.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #1704 by Batten
Hi ABCers

Well here we are at the end of February and the weather has still been unkind to us in the UK with only 65 miles being acheived on ABCs this month, that I know of. So the grand total so far this year is 192 enjoyable miles. Hopefully, those of you in the Southern Hemisphere have had better weather and been able to get out and about a bit more.

Half the mileage in the UK this month was done using this engine (once it was back in the bike!).

This is a view of Beaulieu in Hampshire looking towards the highstreet taken on the only Sunday in February it didn't rain.

Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Batten.

More
2 months 6 days ago #1705 by Dell
Replied by Dell on topic 2024 ABC Mileage Challenge
Well done Phil keep us informed it's great to see   ABC's being used

More
1 month 5 days ago #1708 by Batten
Hi ABCers

Now that March is a distant memory it is time for a mileage update. February wasn't great mainly due to the weather, however in March the sun came out and 282 miles were covered on ABCs. The total for the first quarter of 2024 is a whopping great 474 miles. As ever, if anyone would like to add to this score or send a photo, please do.  

For this month below is a picture of when I went to Lymington for breakfast. I can highly recommend the sausage sandwiches and tea from Coffee & Drift on the Quay. Depite the blue skies in the picture the ride home was very unpleasant due to the rain and cross winds!

Second picture this month is of NC at the Sunbeam 100 celebrations at Brooklands. Please feel free to send in captions on a post card.

Finally, I meet a chap who who said he knew a thing or to about ABCs.

The following user(s) said Thank You: T. Baxter

More
4 days 1 hour ago #1719 by Batten
Hi ABCers

May at last! Hopefully, we will see the back of the rain soon and the days will get warmer, the skies bluer and encourage more ABCs out of hibernation and on to the open road. In the meantime I am happy to say that 183 miles were travelled by ABCs in the month of April.

My ABC adventures were not without issue this month. At one point EK's engine seemed to stop sucking oil which was a bit worrying and eventually the fault was traced to an air leak in an oil pipe joint. Then 10 miles into a VMCC grider fork run around the New Forest the clutch cable snapped at the clutch arm and an emergency roadside repair was required. Once done the remainder of the run went without a hitch.

At one point EK and I found ourselves in Hythe, which is home to the oldest contiually operated pier railway in the world! Below are a couple of pictures to prove that sometimes the sun does shine.

Elsewhere, assaults were made on Brinscombe Hill, Stroud (sorry, no photo) and Newlands Corner in the heart of ABC-land. Below is a picture of the mighty NC taken from a hidden security camera.

If anyone else would like to boast about riding their ABCs then this is the place to do it or email me at philbatt86@gmail.com.
The following user(s) said Thank You: keithsams