Rallies and runs

2024 ABC Mileage Challenge

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #1681 by Batten
2024 ABC Mileage Challenge was created by Batten
Happy New Year all you ABCers,

As we kick off 2024 and to build on ABC activity in 2023, it would be fun to challenge all you ABCers out there to see who does the highest milleages throughout the year. This is obviously open to scooters, bike and cars.

For those who would like to take part in the fun simply send me an email (philbatt86@gmail.com) either monthly or when brag-worthy mileage has been completed and I will record the acheivement on a spreadsheet for publishing this time next year. Just let me know your name, the machine registration, date and of course the mileage. If you are lucky enough to have more than one ABC then please feel free to send in seperate milage claim for each machine used. No proof required but it would be great if any available photos could be published on this thread.

There's no pressure, take part if you want or don't. This is simply meant to be a fun way of encouraging people to get out and about on their ABCs. After all who doesn't like a bit of friendly competition?

Let's all have fun in 2024.

Regards

Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #1682 by keithsams
Replied by keithsams on topic 2024 ABC Mileage Challenge
does milage in the trailer count getting there

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #1683 by Dell
Replied by Dell on topic 2024 ABC Mileage Challenge
Phil you actual riders are very few,will be interesting to see how many take part in your experiment,I am thinking it might be less than 8 ?,
obviously I will when I get on the road !!!
Best wishes for the new year
Derek
Ps hope I am proved wrong​​​​

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #1684 by Batten
Replied by Batten on topic 2024 ABC Mileage Challenge
No, trailer mileage does not count, Keith. Neither does miles covered whilst running up and down the road trying to get the bikes to start, otherwise I'd win! 
The following user(s) said Thank You: keithsams

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #1685 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic 2024 ABC Mileage Challenge
May I be the kicker-offer of this competition, with an epic 21 mile round-trip from Minchinhampton to Miserden and the Carpenters Arms, on this New Years Day? 
BF was not running at its best: partly explained, perhaps, by finding a thick encrustation of its carb. of ice, at journey's end!
(Boxing Day adornment was repeated for NYD, after reclaiming the holly from its jar of water) 

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #1686 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic 2024 ABC Mileage Challenge
 Hi Phill 
yes I'm in , 20miles today ( although seeing Paul's post I might check it with a modern ! ) went to our local VSCC meet and gate crashed those car drivers , well received withNC
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Tony.