Rallies and runs

2024 ABC Mileage Challenge

More
2 months 1 week ago #1724 by keithsams
Replied by keithsams on topic 2024 ABC Mileage Challenge
dont forget you get double points because it is not flat in staffordshire and derbyshire, well done on the glass prize

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #1725 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic 2024 ABC Mileage Challenge
Well done all ABCers near and far , as I sit in the garden with beer n crisps I'm reflecting on a great weekend in Montlhery, the centenary of the Linas Autodrome, lots of vintage cars and bikes and a lot of oddities, NC accompanied Kate's Busy bee to the banked circuit ( trailer and van) NC admired and studied by many , and I couldn't resist Popping round and parking up next to the Gnome Rhone , just to say 'hi' honest ! Not great mileage ( unless I can count the van mileage? ) but a few runs around the paddock and park ferme, will add a few pics , 
Keeeep Ridin  

More
2 months 1 week ago #1726 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic 2024 ABC Mileage Challenge
A couple more pics 

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #1736 by Batten
Replied by Batten on topic 2024 ABC Mileage Challenge
Hi ABCers

Time for another monthly mileage update with 189 miles being travelled in May. Not a particularly active month for me in May due to other family commitments, but it was good the see the reports of NC representing the marque on the internationl stage and that BF picked up a some well deserved glassware despite having to put up with the company of various lesser machines. As usual below are a couple of pictures of EK's recent adventures.

The first is a screen shoot taken from the facebook page for one of the local bike meets that I attend and for a short while EK and her pilot were featured on the home page. Fancy that!

The second photo this month is a view from the Crown Inn, Kings Somborne looking across the road to St Peter and St Paul's church. The church, by the way, is the location of the Sir Thomas Sopwith memorial window although he is actually burried up the road the road at Little Somborne.

Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Batten.

More
1 month 21 hours ago #1740 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic 2024 ABC Mileage Challenge
 - Another pubnight, but at a different Crown: in Frampton Mansell, this time.
Only a modest 9 miles claimed for this run.
(The photo was in fact taken at the same location, but at about the same time, last year).
Attachments:

More
3 weeks 3 days ago - 3 weeks 3 days ago #1742 by Batten
Replied by Batten on topic 2024 ABC Mileage Challenge
Hi ABCers

Well its that time again. The mileage for June isn't that high for various reasons and the total for the month is a small but perfectly formed 85 miles. I seemed to miss most of the local opportunities to show off EK this month, but I did manage to attend a couple of the local bike nights.

The first picture below was taken in the market town of Romsey near the Abbey and shows EK in the company of a fine 1927 Sunbeam Longstroke Model 9. Although EK, is an older machine with a smaller capacity, she was able to maintain pace with the Sunbeam and maybe even had the edge in the twisty bits!

The second photo was taken at my local, the Coach and Horses, and is a photographic study entitled "Superbikes, past and present".

The last picture this month shows EK at the Canadian War Memorial in the New Forest. There have been a lot of things going on in June down here on the south coast to mark the 80th anniversary of D Day. The New Forest is littered with all sorts of reminders of war time activity and one of the most poingent is the simple wooden cross which marks the spot where the Canadian division held church services between April and June 44 before leaving for France. What you can't see in the picture are the hoardes of school children just out of shot who are doing their Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme expedition hikes and use the memorial as a waypoint these days!

Last edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by Batten.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell