Rockers

More
2 years 2 months ago #1285 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Rockers
Congrats and thanks, Peter, for magicking up yet more of your delectable ABC goodies, in the image of your failed item.
Curiously, it seems that there are (at least) two patterns for the Inglis rocker-block castings: 'embossed', displaying the Inglis name etc., and 'smooth'.
There seems also to be a distinct difference in the casting-quality of the two patterns: the structure of the embossed ones resemble that of aero-chocolate, while the smoothly-finished ones are healthily dense.
No doubt Peter's castings buck this trend!
Whilst the origin of the embossed blocks is surely clear, can anyone throw any light on the source of the smoothies?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #1405 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Rockers
In response to popular request, Wolfgang Staab is prepared to produce and supply replica Inglis rocker-blocks.
These will be made from good-quality aluminium plate material, in accordance with the dimensions and photos depicted in his #906 forum entry, see above.
The bronze bushes will not be included, as these probably need to be tailored to suit worn rocker shafts.
The dia. 7 mm. holes atop the blocks are suitable for tapping 5/16” BSF for the fitment of grease nipples.
Locking-pin holes for the bushes, and greaseway holes, will not be made.
Proposed cost for each block is Euro. 70, plus postage etc.
To expedite supply, I’ll be happy to be a UK distributor, also to assist with any technical enquiries. pybeat@gmail,com
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Paul.

More
1 year 4 months ago #1406 by Batten
Replied by Batten on topic Rockers
Hi Paul

Please put me down for a pair. The LH rocker on my machine is of very inferior quality and despite being repaired it has continued to crack.

Thank you

Phil