ABC Website upgrade

More
1 year 6 months ago #1390 by gioorl
Replied by gioorl on topic ABC Website upgrade
Hello,
As promised …long ago… the ABC Road Motors website has finally been upgraded.
Lots has changed in the way things work in the backend but there are also substantial changes in the frontend. The look and feel have changed while the position of most commands has been maintained.
Paul will be please to find that the login button has reappeared on the top right-hand corner of every page but I hope you will all enjoy the changes to the Gallery and the Classified Ads pages.
The greatest content addition is certainly the new Catalogues page which now includes a very lengthy list of catalogues about everything that is ABC. The Brooklands Museum Library has played a key role in adding the new content and allow me access to the David Hales collection.

The forum allows you to reply to messages with Quick Replies (text only) but, if you want to add pictures, please use Action -> Reply.

Although the new version has gone through several rounds of tests, there is always a chance you might find new issues so please report these to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
There is certainly a bug affecting those who run ad-blockers on their browser: posting new adverts will require you to temporarily disable the ad-blocker. I’ll try to get this fixed in coming months.

What else to say…This is the best website version yet but there is still a lot of work to be done behind the scenes and there is also an update to the ABC history in the works.
I hope you like what you see.

Kind regards,
Giovanni

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #1391 by gioorl
Apologies, I believe I did spam you all with my previous post. I think I have now fixed the issue but this message is the only way I have to test sending emails to multiple recipients.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #1516 by gioorl
Just a quick note to let you know the A.B.C. history page has been updated with some more details about the beginning of the company and some better pictures you might (or not) have seen before.
The updates cover the years up to 1916 with details about the company formation, the early aero engines and the early bikes. There would be more to write but, it doesn't fit.

The research will continue and the WWI aero-engines are next in scope. It will just take some time.

I need to thank Roger for being such a great help and so motivational through our many discussions but also David who's a constant fountain of A.B.C. knowledge.