ABC Website upgrade

More
2 years 3 months ago #1233 by gioorl
ABC Website upgrade was created by gioorl
Hello,
the ABC website was upgrade today and the way you can access it has changed slightly.
I have tested every functionality I could think of but there is always a chance I might have missed something. Please do notify me ( abcroadmotors@gmail.com ) if you spot a "bug".:sick:

The Login button we used to see on the top right hand corner is now gone. It has been replaced by multiple ways to login which should are quite visible and simple to use.
The Newsletters have also gone. This is due to software dependencies but, if anybody is interested, I can provide copies of these via email.

There are also some novelties! Mostly in the Forum look and feel.
Several issues have been fixed, better user management has been introduced (you can now easily reset your password or manage your email notifications) and the updates related to GDPR compliance have been completed.

This upgrade is not perfect and the Forum buttons are probably a sign of where I cut some corners but ... it's a step in a direction I have to take to keep up with times.
Further changes are likely to come at some point in 2022 and I'll keep you posted as things progress.

Hope you like it,
Giovanni
The following user(s) said Thank You: skootamota

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #1234 by skootamota
Replied by skootamota on topic ABC Website upgrade
Many Thanks Giovanni for all your work with this really great Webb Site!

More
2 years 3 months ago #1235 by Dabney
Replied by Dabney on topic ABC Website upgrade
Giovanni,
Fully agree with last post, great job on site and content, many thanks
Ian

More
2 years 3 months ago #1238 by Andrew Kelsey
Replied by Andrew Kelsey on topic ABC Website upgrade
Excellent job-well done, Giovanni!

More
2 years 3 months ago #1239 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic ABC Website upgrade
I join with others in thanking Giovanni for his work in setting up and developing our website, and congratulate him on its remarkable success!
However, we shouldn't forget or overlook the phenomenal pioneering endeavours of David Hales, who may fairly be cast the father of our 'ABC Movement'.
The extent of his efforts and energy in the early 'seventies in contacting ABC owners, scouring County Registration records, rounding up contemporary press articles, coordinating a proto-spares scheme, setting up and compiling Sopwith and Skootamota Registers, organising a series of ABC rallies, researching and writing up the ABC company history, and more...have together resulted in a truly extraordinary achievement.
David, Huge respect and Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: keithsams

More
2 years 3 months ago #1240 by gioorl
Replied by gioorl on topic ABC Website upgrade
I cannot agree more, I might have added some colour and some buttons but this website would not exist if it wasn't for David and his impressive dedication. I wouldn't even have started it.
Having gone through just part of what he collected, I'm constantly surprised by what he's achieved and still don't know how he managed.

Thank you David for what you did but, be mindful, I'll still try to squeeze some more knowledge out of you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: keithsams