ABC Cars, Aero engines and the Robin aeroplane

Belsize for sale

More
1 year 5 months ago #1394 by gioorl
Belsize for sale was created by gioorl
Not really an ABC but David pointed out somebody might be interested in this Bradshaw's creation which is at auction on the 30th of this month
https://www.handh.co.uk/auction/lot/lot-56---1922-belsize-bradshaw-tourer/?lot=57052&so=0&st=belsize&sto=0&au=520&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=0&pp=48&pn=1&g=1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #1396 by degraaff
Replied by degraaff on topic Belsize for sale
I don't see a crank or barrels, they could still be out for restauration at some company.
If they are missing this project is lost becouse the value of the complete car will be low these days.

More
1 year 5 months ago #1397 by Roger
Replied by Roger on topic Belsize for sale
Adrie,

I also noticed the absence of the crank and barrels in what appears to be a failed restoration after a lot of work that had been carried out.
I agree that they have probably been sent off for boring and grinding and have been lost.  The question then becomes whether another engine can be found as the cost of new replacements would exceed the value of the completed car.  What a shame. 

More
1 year 5 months ago #1398 by nettie1816
Replied by nettie1816 on topic Belsize for sale
We have spare engines and gearboxes which we would be happy to supply to anyone considering this restoration. They need a bit of fettling but are complete with crankcases, barrels, chains. No magnetos or carbs though.

More
1 year 5 months ago #1399 by dhales
Replied by dhales on topic Belsize for sale
Regarding the Belsize for sale, I seem to have mislaid my old register of Belsize-engined motorcycles and the Belsize cars, but believe the car being offered at H&H was once owned by Pat Saunders in Buckinghamshire.  In the same sale is a 1923 Sizaire Berwick coupé which was definitely owned by him years ago, and both cars show a similar background, so I am imagining that someone acquired both cars from him about the same time.  The Belsize was a complete car, albeit not a concours contender.  There are some half-dozen at least of these cars around, and I know that a friend of mine, the late Tim Harding, not only had a car but acquired a spare engine.  My Bradshaw Register would have been well out of date by now, but is there anyone out there who would be interested in resuscitating it?  I have some literature relating to Bradshaw engined bikes, as well as the P&M Panthette, plus one or two blue-prints of the 350cc Bradshaw engine together with correspondence with G H Jones who worked with Walmsley's who made the engines.

David Hales
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Sinclair

More
1 year 5 months ago #1400 by keithsams
Replied by keithsams on topic Belsize for sale
hi david as regards to the p&m panthette i know the vmcc marque specilist and i am sure he would be interested in any information you might have keith