Verification of Bike for registration with DVLC

More
4 years 4 months ago #782 by Paul
To:- Deep Diver Neil.
You won't believe this, but I've now got TWO Neils, requesting help with Buff Log Book/V5C problems! One with a Sopwith (I assume), and one with a Skootsmota.
Neil, to avoid clogging our website with stuff of no interest to other Associates, email me direct at pybeat@gmail.com for further guidance. P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #783 by keithsams
Replied by keithsams on topic Verification of Bike for registration with DVLC
when you are sending log books and things like that to the dvla ALWAYS make sure you send them by recorded delivery not even sign for is good enough, if and they do lose your papers they will ask you for the recorded delivery number and if you do not have it you have lost your paperwork, they will blank you out.
this is the voice of experiance speaking twice

More
4 years 4 months ago #784 by Roger
Keith,

I always keep a high resolution scan of any original document that I send and use proof of posting which is free. Proof of posting is accepted by the courts as proof of delivery so don't let DVLA tell you otherwise.
The DVLA complaints process is appalling as I escalated the process only for it to be handled for the person I had previously dealt with. In future I would obtain the process and escalate it according to that process which would presumably go up to the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

Regards,
Roger