New Cylinders

More
4 years 7 months ago #676 by NDHAERO
Replied by NDHAERO on topic New Cylinders
Hello,

Can you put me down for a pair?

The sample ones look really rather good, and the price seems very reasonable, considering the short production run.

Nicholas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #681 by Gillespie
Replied by Gillespie on topic New Cylinders
The cylinders are finally finished. I did more work than I think was necessary. I sent them for heat treatment ( normalize) before final machining. I also had a Black Oxide treatment done to the exterior of the barrel. I also found that the final machined bore was only accurate to 0.03mm and I know that most of that would clear with the hone and that it was within spec. But I decided to grind the bore to get them perfect. I need a few myself and I am swapping a few with other owners for parts I need. When that process is over I will sell the balance. Regards Peter
Attachments:

More
4 years 7 months ago #687 by Gillespie
Replied by Gillespie on topic New Cylinders
Hi Andrew , I am going to swap the barrels for parts first. If any are left I will sell them. I am in America at the moment collecting pistons and parts , when I get home I will be able to see the final cost and I will let you know. I am not expecting it to be much different to the price Phil has £135 to£150. If needed we can make some more or we can try Phil’s engineering company. If we make them in the UK then we don’t have to worry about shipping. I am bringing a few when I come in September . Regards Peter

More
4 years 7 months ago #696 by Andrew Cox
Replied by Andrew Cox on topic New Cylinders
Hi all.
I am confused.
I have an ABC and would like a pair of cylinders and JE pistons, for spare, but I find there are 3 people, in different countries, involved in making cylinders ?
Peter Gillespie
Phil Batten
Alex ?
So who is making what ?
And what is the cost ?
So can some body clarify who is doing what.

Andrew Cox in Australia

More
4 years 7 months ago #697 by Andrew Cox
Thank you Paul for the clarification.

More
4 years 7 months ago #698 by Andrew Cox
Hi Peter
Can you please give me the cost for one pair of cylinders and JE pistons mailed to Australia.
Can you also send me the piston specs to compare with my current JE pistons.

Kind regards Andrew Cox