Jack Emerson Items at Auction

More
4 years 9 months ago #657 by NDHAERO
Jack Emerson Items at Auction was created by NDHAERO
Hello all,
I came across these via my regular Saleroom email. Locke $ England have two lots, a scrap book with cuttings in, but also several letters from ABC to Emerson. And also a helmet claimed to be his.

Both lots are silly money, but you can zoom in and read some of the items.

Scrap book, Lot 373:
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/locke-and-england/catalogue-id-srloc10053/lot-ca40370d-7741-4dc1-b68c-aa88009d9dad?utm_source=auction-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=auction-alert&utm_content=lot-image-link

Helmet, Lot 380:

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/locke-and-england/catalogue-id-srloc10053/lot-3eff24ce-72ef-46a8-a77c-aa88009da6d4?utm_source=auction-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=auction-alert&utm_content=lot-image-link

Or if you have a spare £800....

Nicholas
The following user(s) said Thank You: gioorl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #658 by degraaff
Replied by degraaff on topic Jack Emerson Items at Auction
Was Emerson wearing that helmet? i have the same (war) helmet but New-Old-Stock for 100 pounds to use as parade or show.
Attachments:

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #663 by keithsams
Replied by keithsams on topic Jack Emerson Items at Auction
hi i attended the auction but failed to secure the scrapbook can any of you computer boffins copy the 2 letters and put them in the gallery please
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by keithsams. Reason: spelling

More
4 years 9 months ago #664 by nettie1816
Replied by nettie1816 on topic Jack Emerson Items at Auction
Out of interest, how much did it make?

More
4 years 8 months ago #665 by keithsams
Replied by keithsams on topic Jack Emerson Items at Auction
i think it was £320
i was going to take an image of the letters but could not get there till after the auction started and they would not let you near them
thats why i would like a computer genius to make them clearer and put them on the sit

More
4 years 8 months ago #666 by NDHAERO
Replied by NDHAERO on topic Jack Emerson Items at Auction
Hi,

The best I can do, are the two below. The first is just the image, the second is it inverted. At 200% zoom, and using both versions I can just about read it all.

It might be an idea to contact the Auction company, who can pass your details on to the winning bidder. They may be willing to take proper photographs of these pages?

Besides, they must be a fellow ABC enthusiast, so they should join the group!

Also, it might be an idea to keep an eye on ebay. I have found several lost auction bids, end up on ebay a week later....
Attachments: