The New ABC

More
1 month 5 days ago #1751 by Dell
The New ABC was created by Dell
Hi everyone I wonder if anyone has any views on the proposed New ABC flat twin proposed by Bevan Davidson International there is an article online,I do have a picture on my Facebook page can be viewed by my friends but I am unable to transfer it here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #1752 by Batten
Replied by Batten on topic The New ABC
Hi Dell

The image of the "new" ABC by Bevan Davaidson is below and the main articles can be found at  ABC Motorcycles .

As someone with a passing interest in ABC I think the idea of a modern ABC is quite intriguing, but I just wonder if the venerable ABC is just a bit too obscure to make a come back in the 21st century. If one were to build a 21st Century ABC would it really look like a Sopwith ABC or would it be a little more modern looking like the Barthelemy ABC or even ,dare I say it, a Velocette Valiant? However, the Sopwith ABC design does kind of lend itself to being some sort of refined roadster or maybe cruiser with those big pull back bars, but I think I would want to have a 4 stroke engine and floor boards for my money. Alternatively, because a Sopwith ABC is a nippy little thing, maybe a fat twin two stroke with some attitude capable of upsetting the locals would also not be far from the mark. Lastly, do we think this is ever likely to happen?

More
1 month 3 days ago #1753 by Gnome Rhone 1
Replied by Gnome Rhone 1 on topic The New ABC
G'day all.....Re the proposed New ABC here is what Harry Beanham wrote to the Editor of The Motor Cycle way back in 1926.
His ideas towards a new model ABC.
Attachments: