New ABC content

More
9 months 4 days ago #1582 by gioorl
New ABC content was created by gioorl
What a miserable cold and wet day today in the UK!
The ideal weather for going through some of the ABC paperwork I recently brought home and get part of it added to the website.

Two months ago, I had the opportunity to meet Hazel Siddorn who still safely preserved all the paperwork her husband Kim collected through the years and used for his book "From Somme to Beverley by way of Sunderland".
It was a pleasure to meet Hazel and chat for a few hours about her travels with Kim while sipping a nice cuppa tea. What a surprise though to find three original catalogues I've never seen before. My face didn’t manage to hide the excitement and I must admit I’m still smiling when looking through the great find.
These have now been scanned and added to the website:
1915 ABC Auxiliary Motors Catalogue v1
1915 ABC Auxiliary Motors Catalogue v2
1916 ABC XD2 Portable Charging Set Catalogue

There are lots more papers to process and I’ll probably get through it faster than expected if the sun doesn’t come out.
As agreed with Hazel, all this paperwork will be ultimately donated to the Brooklands Museum Library where it can be safely preserved together with David Hales and Barry Jones Collections.

Thank you, Hazel, for looking after it so well up until now!

The following user(s) said Thank You: keithsams

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 4 days ago #1585 by Roger
Replied by Roger on topic New ABC content
Giovanni, a brilliant find, thank you and Hazel.
Interesting that they were selling them on the private market and saying as suplied to RNAS which mean that it must be wartime.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.