ABC sopworth twin Clutch

More
1 year 11 months ago #1295 by Dell
ABC sopworth twin Clutch was created by Dell
I wonder if anybody can advise,or have a photo or print of the parts,I am trying to work out how the clutch layout works from my pile of parts I seem to have clutch plates and the large centre spring also the lever on the gearbox,and centre rod,but think I am missing a thrust bearing or coupling that compresses the actual clutch,cannot find any information in print or online

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #1296 by keithsams
Replied by keithsams on topic ABC sopworth twin Clutch
hi it sound as though you have the fulcrum missing that the lever fits on, this presses against the push rod then the push rod fits into a small spool located in the clutch, the spool then locates into the thrust bearing, dabney will probably give you the details on how to buy the thrush bearing he bought 2 recently, assuming you have the clutch body the spring goes in first there is also 4 small springs but i do not put them in, they are not required,then you have a clutch plate with 3 tabs on the tabs locate in the 3 slots in the clutch body, make sure it slides in and out without the spring fitted,if it stick you will be clutchless, then there is the steel clutch plate with splined shaft, spline towards the gearbox, then the outer clutch plate, you will need some long 1/2 bsf bolts to draw it all in. can you put an image on off what you have

More
1 year 11 months ago #1297 by Dell
Replied by Dell on topic ABC sopworth twin Clutch
Thanks Keith I will try and take some pictures tomorrow

More
1 year 11 months ago #1298 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic ABC sopworth twin Clutch
A good picture can save an awful lot of words...
With reference to the drawing, Cross-shaft G215 is worked from the long external lever.
The short arm on the cross-shaft works Pushrod G151, that runs through the hollow Mainshaft G105.
This in turn works through Locator Bush E221, onto one side of Thrust Race E216, which in turn acts on the clutch Pressure Plate E217, and compresses all the various Springs, E222 and (4-off) E210, thus releasing Clutch Plate, which doesn't seem to have a part number.
As Keith says, the 4-off small springs aren't usually necessary, the big central spring provides sufficient gripping force.
I hope I've read all the Part Numbers correctly, and given the correct Part Names...also that the foregoing explanation answers Dell's original question to his satisfaction!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell

More
1 year 11 months ago #1300 by gioorl
Replied by gioorl on topic ABC sopworth twin Clutch
Few more pictures from the catalogue and the Archive

While at it I'm also adding details about the gearbox which might likely be your next problem
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #1301 by Dell
Replied by Dell on topic ABC sopworth twin Clutch
Hi Keith I enclose pictures of the clutch parts I have,also have the lever and fulcrum which has been installed in the gearbox this operates as far as the pushrod,what I am missing according to replies seems to be the spigot and thrust bearing that operates the plates,a picture of thes parts would be very useful,thanks Derek
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Dell. Reason: Mispelling