ABC sopworth twin Clutch

More
2 years 4 weeks ago #1302 by keithsams
Replied by keithsams on topic ABC sopworth twin Clutch
yes you are missing the thrust bearing and spigot if thats its name, will have to look in the spares book to see what the correct term is, i will make a drawing of it and send it to giovanni to put on the site,
thrust bearings are available on ebay, i have the item code number i will dig it out. the clutch looks in good condition so could go in as is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 weeks ago #1303 by Dell
Replied by Dell on topic ABC sopworth twin Clutch
Thanks just small parts but very important

More
2 years 4 weeks ago #1307 by keithsams
clutch thrust bearing part number either sfk lt 1/4 or hofman w 1/4 drawing to follow of the spool that fits next to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell

More
2 years 1 day ago #1328 by Dell
I now have the bearing and small connecting spool also some long bolts to tighten it all down my query is how far do you tighten it down, obviously if you tighten the plate down to the flywheel everything locks up with no movement in the plates ?,I cannot find any info on assembling,I do understand the sequence of the plates and am assuming spring is first item then the plate with 3 tabs then plain central plate

More
2 years 18 hours ago #1329 by keithsams
the outer cover bolts all the way down, there is still movement. i would advise not putting the 4 small springs in, it makes the clutch operation heavy, also make sure the first plate that goes in with the location tabs goes in and out smoothly, if it sticks it will jam, the centre boss that the spring fits against is riveted to the plate, these can loosen and you get a clunking when operating the clutch, i tack weld around the boss to give it more strength,you wont have to take the engine out to repair it

More
2 years 17 hours ago #1330 by Dell
Thanks Keith it is all becoming clear now,just did not seem to be any room when bolted up but can now go ahead and assemble unit Dell