Rallies and runs

Sunday 2nd July 2023 Brooklands – date for diary

More
1 year 3 months ago #1458 by Andrew Kelsey
Replied by Andrew Kelsey on topic Sunday 2nd July 2023 Brooklands – date for diary
Many Thanks for the diary date.
It would be great .Bring a bike and one of the cars over to Brooklands

But a lot easier said than done!
Will discuss with my colleagues..

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1459 by Roger
Sadly the move to the New Forest makes it virtually impossible to drive up in my Morris.  Although the Skootamota is above the 50cc limit its top speed of 20mph would mean it could not go up the M3.  The Morris Minor and Ten will cruise at 40/45 but that it not comfortable on motorways.
Fortunately I can drive up in my modern (well only 20 years old) Audi and the Skootamota is already at the museum.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1460 by gioorl

Sadly the move to the New Forest makes it virtually impossible to drive up in my Morris.  Although the Skootamota is above the 50cc limit its top speed of 20mph would mean it could not go up the M3.  The Morris Minor and Ten will cruise at 40/45 but that it not comfortable on motorways.
Fortunately I can drive up in my modern (well only 20 years old) Audi and the Skootamota is already at the museum.

Com'on Roger, just get a V8 and a propeller. Do the journey from Southampton the ABC way

More
1 year 3 months ago #1461 by Roger

Com'on Roger, just get a V8 and a propeller. Do the journey from Southampton the ABC way

A V8 would be too expensive on fuel but a Layat with an ABC twin would suffice.  Do you know where I can get one?

More
1 year 3 months ago #1462 by Bradders
Hello Dabney, I would like to bring an ABC 3HP 400cc motorcycle combination, or possibly a belsize bradshaw car.

Many thanks

George Bradshaw

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #1463 by Dabney
Thank you to those who have expressed interest in the Brooklands event. We have 8 motorcycle/Skootamota todate (more welcome), hopefully a Bradshaw car and if we can get permission to it run, a Bradshaw Scorpion aircraft engined light plane. As more details of the event are available, I will keep you informed. As stated earlier the aim would be to give an ABC exhibition run to the other visitors on an open part of the track, most likely the finishing straight. Also if you are bold, a run up test hill (limited numbers). The exact details are still to be defined and are always weather dependent. Entry costs have not yet been decided by management (never more than the daily visitors rate); however I will be requesting they are kept to a minimum for the ABC group.
best wishes
Ian
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Dabney.