Présentation et ABC Gnome & Rhône

More
8 years 3 months ago #154 by Daniel
Présentation et ABC Gnome & Rhône was created by Daniel
Bonjour à mes amis anglais.
Mon nom est DAVID et mon prénom Daniel je suis amateur de toutes les motos construites par Gnome & Rhône. Je suis aussi l'auteur du livre "L'histoire des motocyclettes Gnome & Rhône" réalisé avec l'aide de mes amis Alain Chapeau et Stéphane Clergerie. Pour écrire ce livre j'ai beaucoup étudié l'histoire des Abc venues d'angleterre et construite chez Gnome & Rhône.
J'ai la chance de posséder une ABC Gnome & Rhône version 1922 avec graissage par pompe à huile et carter d'huile sous le moteur. Dans un prochain message je pourrai vous faire des photos de cette particularité ainsi que des différences entre les versions 1920 et 1922. J'ai ausi restauré une ABC Gnome & Rhône 1920 qui est toujours dans mon atelier.
Je posséde aussi toute la documentation technique et publicitaire des ABC Gnome & Rhône ainsi qu'un plan "bleu" d'époque (18 novembre 1919) et une affiche qui fait 1,20m x 1,60m. Pour les photos je vais apprendre à les mettre sur le forum car je suis plus à l'aise avec des outils à la main que devant mon ordinateur.
J'ai eu un accueil trés agréable de la pert de Giovanni et c'est lui qui va mettre la photo de mon ABC dans la galerie d'images.
Je parle un peu anglais mais je suis incapable de l'écrire. Mon message est en français, Giovanni le traduira pour vous. J'ai réservé mes dates pour le Vintage Revival à Monthléry et j'ai d'autres amis qui viendrons aussi avec leur ABC
Amicalement
Daniel

Merci beaucoup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #156 by gioorl
Replied by gioorl on topic Présentation et ABC Gnome & Rhône
Hello Daniel and welcome.
I'm really glad somebody with your experience in ABC's of all sorts has joined the forum and I'm sure you will find lots like-minded members (from England to Australia) who will be pleased to exchange opinions and materials with you.
For those, like myself, not so fluent in French, Google is there to help: https://translate.google.co.uk/

This is a translation of what Daniel wrote

Hello my English friends.
My surname is David and my first name is Daniel, I am a fan of all motorcycles built by Gnome & Rhône. I am also the author of the book "The history of motorcycles Gnome & Rhône" written with the help of my friends Alain Chapeau and Stéphane Clergerie. To write this book I had studied the history of British ABC's and those built by Gnome & Rhône.
I am lucky to have a 1922 ABC Gnome & Rhône with oil pump lubrication and oil pan under the engine. In a future post I can send you some photos of this feature of my bike and explain the differences between the versions in 1920 and 1922. I also have a restored 1920 ABC Gnome & Rhône which is still in my workshop.

I have all the technical and commercial documentation from ABC Gnome & Rhône and a vintage "blue" plan (18 November 1919) as well as a poster which measures 1.20m x 1.60m.
I will learn how to post photos on the forum as I am more comfortable with tools in hand than in front of my computer.
I had a lovely welcome from Giovanni and he will put the picture of my ABC in the image gallery.
I don't speak much English but I am unable to write. My message is in French, Giovanni will translate it for you. I booked my dates for the Vintage Revival to Monthléry and I have other friends who will also come with their ABC.
Sincerely
Daniel

I'm looking forward to hear from you about your ABC findings and hopefully one day write an article or two for this website (I always welcome article from any member) .
In the meantime I'll be adding these two pictures to the gallery and look forward to receive more detailed ones.
For any problem, just give me a shout

Thank you,
Giovanni
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by gioorl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.