1921 ABC car overhaul

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #683 by Andrew Kelsey
1921 ABC car overhaul was created by Andrew Kelsey
For interest:
1921 ABC car.
Fuel and oil tank has been removed today for for cleaning and sealing.

This is one of two ABC cars at Milntown House in the Isle of Man.
Restored many years ago by Bob Thomas, it is part of the Milntown House Trust collection with ABC motorbikes and other things ABC.

Andrew
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Andrew Kelsey. Reason: spelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #692 by gioorl
Replied by gioorl on topic 1921 ABC car overhaul
Thank you for sharing all of this.
Is the car still running and in use?

Would it be possible to get some pictures of the ABC vehicles at the Milntown House Trust so that we can add them to our Gallery?
I believe you have a very early motorcycle of which we have just a few partial pictures .

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #695 by Andrew Kelsey
Replied by Andrew Kelsey on topic 1921 ABC car overhaul
Yes, we had the 1921 ABC back running again last week after the fuel and oil tank overhaul.
It hadn’t run for a while.It started instantly and then the exhaust managed to set all the fire alarms off..
The other ABC, a 1924 sports ,runs really well - I drove it myself about a month ago.
The other two cars -a 1910 Delage type T and a 1900 2 cylinder New Orlean are also runners.
You probably know that Bob Thomas used to live here and he was a devotee of things ABC, hence the bequeathed collection includes a 1913 ABC motorcycle -the oldest there is and allegedly the personal transport of Granville Bradshaw for a while.A 1921 ABC , a 1919 Skootamota and some stationary engines/auxiliary power units including a rare V4, though these are not on public display.
Very happy to send you pictures (but probably not this week as lot of road closures for racing and M House inside course)
Meanwhile, please look at the Milntown House website “ vehicles” for some details of these and other vehicles.

Andrew

Andrew
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Andrew Kelsey.