Skootamota foot break petal and transfer bar.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #565 by DeepDiver
Hi.

Does anyone have a spare footplate pedal and transfer bar that I could Buy or borrow as a template to get a new on manufactured?

I’m also missing the petrol tank mounting bracket, same as above.

I need a new rear stand, tool box lid and mounting plate, complete chain guard one with only one lower mounting hole.

I have the old original throttle cables so will have them copied, but I need rear break cable, front break cable and the engine decompression cable.

I also need a seat pad.

I’m getting there with the rebuild.

Frame was slightly twisted as had to straighten it slightly before spraying it.

My magneto was badly cracked, tried to get it welded up but the experts could do it, but I managed to find a old mag on good old EBay.
Minimag Co from the Isle of Wight made one good mag out of the two and made up the HT pickup. If any one is after a mag for spares please let me know.

The rest of the engine has been stripped, vapour blasted and reassembled, looking like new apart from rust pitting on the exhaust push rod.

Nickel platting has been re done to. Seat springs, saddle post, handle bars, levers throttle controls, , front mud guard stays.
AMAC carburettor has been rebuilt.

George fro the I of W kindly gave me the final drive chain sprocket.

I managed to find at my fathers the magneto drive gear.

So.
The rear mud guard has been refitted.
Engine fitted back on its mount. Fly wheel fitted, drive sprocket fitted, mag and HT system fitted and timed up.
Running boards fitted to new rubber mounts. Foot rests fitted.
Age related RAC auto cycle union badge fitted to foot rest bat. AA cycle badge fitted.
Newly nickel plated wheel hubs will have new bearings fitted, new tyres and inner tubes have been found at Beaulieu vintage tyres. I need to find 12 inch Black rims with 20 holes .original wheel tapes will be refitted.
The front mud guard is just waiting for the stays to be returned from being nickel plated for the second time. First time around the plating process just eat away at the fine threads, so had to cut them off weld new studs on the end and replace them again.

Front forks are having a new break mounting lug welded on as the old one has been eaten away by rust from years in storage in a damp shed.

So getting close.
Need to find petrol tank fittings, banjo bolt for the oil feed pipe.

If any one can help out I would be so great full.

Regards Neil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #693 by gioorl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.