New (Old) ABC

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #352 by Batten
New (Old) ABC was created by Batten
Hello

My name is Phil and I have recently acquired an ABC.

I have been lucky enough to run a Rudge based Bradshaw, 350 special for a number of years and so when an ABC came up for sale recently, well it would have been rude not to.

I'll post a picture of the two bikes, once I have figured out how to.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Batten.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #355 by keithsams
Replied by keithsams on topic New (Old) ABC
hi phil
i have recovered one of the footboards and it looks passable i will post a photo up when i figure it out

More
6 years 2 months ago #356 by keithsams
I have recovered 2 footboards they were fairly easy to do.just watch the sharp bits.you can cut it with scissors it is about half a millimeter thick
Attachments:

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #361 by Batten
Replied by Batten on topic New (Old) ABC
Two Bradshaw designed bikes together.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Batten.

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #366 by Batten
Replied by Batten on topic New (Old) ABC
So when you have a tired old bike sat in the garage you just have to take it all apart don't you.

Having done that you just clean it, paint it and then just put it all back together. How hard can it be?

I have decided the first thing to do is to sort the main frame, engine and petrol tank. Problems encountered so far are that the little hook clip that hold the sheet plating onto the frame appear to be made from half a plumbing pipe bracket. So I think these should be replaced with something better. Next the frame sheeting at the front needs to be tidied up as the various holes have been opened up to allow clearance for various bits.

Good news is that the engine plates appear to be OK apart from a little straightening that is required in one corner.

There other issues to look at, such as head stock bearings and blisters over the swing arm pivot, but these are for another day.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Batten.

More
6 years 1 month ago #367 by keithsams
hi just check the hole in each engine plate where the swinging arm rod goes through,they wear and a modification can be made