Who's that?

Poll: Who's that? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Three different people
1 14.3%
The same person at different ages
3 42.9%
First and second are the same but the third is somebody else
1 14.3%
First and third are the same but the second is somebody else
2 28.6%
Second and third are the same but the first is somebody else
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 7
Only registered users can participate to this poll
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1065 by Andrew Kelsey
Replied by Andrew Kelsey on topic Who's that?
This is difficult!

If only we had proper profile and frontal views or a clear picture of the ear (which not good as a finger print but is very a very individual feature)
I favour 1&2 same but it could be all or none.
I think we probably all know the identity of the man in the first picture as it appears on the cover of the biography bearing his name.

In the book there is a picture of the same man -in 1956. He would have been seventy.

The main features of the younger man are there - the broad high forehead and a small mouth and chin .His nose is now a more prominent feature, appearing more bulbous.
Would the men in pictures 2 and three look like him at seventy ? No .2 - possibly .No. 3 -still doubtful.

The black and white photo may be misleading but it suggests some increased colour to his nose and cheeks suggesting he may possibly have the red, thickened skin condition of roseacea and the increased colour of his nose and swelling suggesting the possibility of the early stages of the associated condition of rhinophyma.
He doesn’t appear to be a very healthy- looking seventy year old. in this picture , however we know he was to live another 12 years.

When will you reveal what you know, Giovanni ?
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Andrew Kelsey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #1066 by gioorl
Replied by gioorl on topic Who's that?
That's a good point, does anybody have pictures of Bradshaw in the ABC days (1911-1921)?

I'll share the two larger black and white pictures when we'll reach 20 votes :P

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1068 by Andrew Kelsey
Replied by Andrew Kelsey on topic Who's that?
Even in Barry Jones’ excellent book, there is only the photo you showed from that period and it is on the front cover .
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Andrew Kelsey.

More
3 years 3 months ago #1069 by keithsams
Replied by keithsams on topic Who's that?
you have missed the peakie blinders off

More
3 years 3 months ago #1070 by gioorl
I could do with their help

More
2 years 1 month ago #1292 by gioorl
I forgot to reply and close this question.
Today I was going through some paperwork gathered at Brooklands and a new picture of Bradshaw came to light. It was taken in January 1913 and the moustaches are visibly gone but the nose and the haircut remain.
In line with the answer to the poll, I too believe the pictures in the first message show "The same person at different ages" and believe this to be Bradshaw. More specifically, the picture in the middle shows him on Saturday April 29th 1911 and was extracted from the following:
1911 Windbus at Brooklands - 001
1911 Windbus at Brooklands - 002

Probably many of you won't understand why I make such a big fuss about it (I wouldn't) but these two pictures are the oldest records of the ABC gang together.
If anybody finds any earlier picture of Bradshaw and Charteris together, please let me know.