Who's that?

Poll: Who's that? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Three different people
1 14.3%
The same person at different ages
3 42.9%
First and second are the same but the third is somebody else
1 14.3%
First and third are the same but the second is somebody else
2 28.6%
Second and third are the same but the first is somebody else
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 7
Only registered users can participate to this poll
More
3 years 3 months ago #1058 by gioorl
Who's that? was created by gioorl
I'm trying to do some research about the early history of A.B.C. (yes, the dots are needed) and came across a picture where I cannot identify all the people I'm seeing.

Rather than giving (too many) interpretations and clues which might be misleading, I've mixed it with other two pictures and would like to ask you to vote for the option you think is correct?

Have not created a poll on this website before so I can only hope it will work for everybody.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #1059 by Roger
Replied by Roger on topic Who's that?
I think that they all look like you :-)

More
3 years 3 months ago #1060 by keithsams
Replied by keithsams on topic Who's that?
they would all think covid was a dodiel if thats how you spell it

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1061 by Andrew Kelsey
Replied by Andrew Kelsey on topic Who's that?
That’s a difficult one!
The well- known face in the first picture has several facial characteristics...
A high, broad forehead , lowish cheekbones , a quite notably small mouth and chin and fairly distinctive ear features , a fairly prominent aqualine nose which has ill distinct nasal folds.
Unfortunately, the collar in the second picture partially obscures the ear feature and the different angle of the pictures and lighting make some features less comparable as does the hat and the mustache .
There don’t seem to be many pictures of the first person though those taken in later life certain features are retained though these are frontal rather than lateral views taken in old age,.
it would seem 1 &2 are likely to be the same - 3 has a wider and more prominent chin and although obscured by the mustache, his mouth appears wider.
but ...
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Andrew Kelsey.

More
3 years 3 months ago #1062 by Roger
Replied by Roger on topic Who's that?
They wouldn't have called it Covid but in 1919 it would have been Spanish flu. An inappropriate name both waves originated in America and killed 50 million people.
More relevant is that it explains why manufacturing production didn't really restart until 1920. I hadn't appreciated that until our current pandemic and the havoc it has wreaked on our economy.

More
3 years 3 months ago #1064 by gioorl
Replied by gioorl on topic Who's that?
It's not easy to spot the differences (or similarities) between these three faces and that's why I asked for everybody's opinion. Was hoping for more brave people to cast a vote but I set the poll to run for a while.

Is the nose a clue? Maybe the moustaches? Who knows B)
Just login and have a vote. I'll share the pictures if we reach 20 votes :P