"Sixty Years of ABC Motors"

More
5 years 7 months ago #450 by keithsams
Replied by keithsams on topic "Sixty Years of ABC Motors"
hello paul you will have us banned from founders day, it is an interesting series and it would be good to have both on the site. its a good job he never did an article on a scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #451 by villiers
Replied by villiers on topic "Sixty Years of ABC Motors"
Good, Keith. That little list will save a lot of hunting.

To maximise how useful this site could be I think all those articles should be found here plus appropriate commentary on them. That should help later restorers as to their usefulness or practicality (or otherwise). We otherwise end up going in circles yet again. I'm sure this isn't the first time you've gone down this path about the Taverner articles. Think how much easier it would be for you to just point enquirers here.

I'm well aware of the frustration arising from plodding down the same old track yet again. My major interest is early Villiers two-strokes, mainly the inter war stuff. These have a remarkably simple and effortless to tune carburettor but I can't tell you the number of times I've gone over and over the same ground with owners unable to accept that following the Villiers factory instructions works no matter that it is different from the carb on the 1967 Beezumph they also own and no matter what his mates down the pub say.

Cheers,
Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.